Our recent article entitled “Molecular beam and pulsed laser deposition of ZnS:Cr for intermediate band solar cells” is now published in Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells (Read the paper here). Here are the highlights of the paper:
- Cr-doped ZnS (ZnS:Cr) thin films with up to 7.5 at.% Cr, deposited by PLD and MBE are compared.
- The highly doped Cr:ZnS films were made for use in intermediate band solar cells.
- Similar optical properties, but different structural properties were achieved.
- The sub-bandgap absorption increased linearly with Cr concentration.
- Smoother and more textured films were obtained by PLD, compared to MBE.
Keywords: Pulsed laser deposition; Molecular beam epitaxy; Optical properties; Intermediate band solar cell; Doping and alloying; Transition-metal-doped semiconductor